About The Role
The Account Director position is a senior client management role responsible for leading one or more clients and is accountable for the growth, management, retention and satisfaction of these accounts. Also responsible for relationship building, marketing strategy, campaign development & management, and business analysis. Acts as the client’s liaison with the agency, ensuring client’s objectives are met and the client is getting the best results from the entire agency team. Effectively leads a team of junior client service team members.
- Manage clients: their people, their work and their budgets with a strong attention to detail, relationships are rock solid, positive, stable and exceeding goals
- Juggle multiple accounts, clients, and constant collaboration with our creative, media, digital and project management departments with a slight obsession for an on-time, on-budget, on-strategy work life
- Demonstrate how you love to think above and beyond expectations on tasks, as well as seek out new opportunities for clients, PACO and your team alike
- Subject matter expert; stays current on clients’ industry trends and innovations
- Keeps agency senior management apprised of key client opportunities, potential risks and other key nuances which affect the health of the business
- Predict opportunities and concerns, determines best course of action, manages independently, but also knows when to escalate/ladder up
- Understand that no day is the same. You’ll lead driving strategy and planning activity and on others you’ll be more hands-on ensuring tactical execution is delivered on time and on budget
- Providing strategic counsel and develop integrated and measurable marketing programs
- Reviews campaign conceptual directions to ensure strategic marketing objectives remain in focus
- Directing team as needed to develop overview and/or recaps of client’s activities and plans for future development of accounts
- Ensures that financial management of accounts meets agency standards
- Leads in agency/client contract negotiations
- Identify and quickly grasp new technologies and account duties
- Meets with account teams on a regular basis to review their activities, provides constant and relevant feedback
- Mentors and trains client services team members to constantly increase their individual proficiency, guiding them in career and skills development
- Keeps the client services team focused and motivated with high morale throughout challenges
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, developing, and evaluating team members
- Oversee management of client budgets, preparation of monthly revenue forecasts and overseeing preparation of client estimates and invoices
- Foster positive relationships with team and clients including the mentoring and development of junior staff; encourages of culture of inclusivity, collaboration and intellectual curiosity
- Represent the agency at industry functions, promoting the agency at every opportunity and be fully familiar with agency credentials and specialties
- Works in partnership with project management team to help ensure the right people are brought in at the right time to deliver best in class solutions to client’s business/marketing problems
- Develops/reviews estimates and project plans to ensure budget requirements are met and profitability is maintained
- Other duties as assigned
PACO Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PACO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Human Resources to make arrangements.
The following links contain further information:
For details about EEO law in English click here and Spanish oprime aquí.
The Immigrant and Employee Rights Poster.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
PACO participates in E-Verify program. More information is here.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing preferred
- 7+ years of advertising agency experience required, multicultural and/or multilingual a plus
- Experience working on regional and national brands; global experience a plus
- Experience working on new business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Robust analytical thinking skills
- Dynamic presentation skills
- Extremely organized
- Highly honed interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of digital media
- In-depth understanding of research and planning
- Advanced competency level in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint