Senior Art Director
About the role
PACO is looking for an experienced Sr. Art Director to help us create amazing, inclusive ideas for our clients. Multicultural agency expertise is strongly preferred (African American consumer experience).
The Senior Art Director is an experienced specialist responsible for the conception, design, and execution of complex projects with minimum supervision. Senior Art Directors can generate and sell big ideas and/or campaigns with the use of advanced design and presentation skills.
We are open to a remote working situation. However, the candidate must eventually relocate to Chicago. A relocation package will be considered for the right candidate.
- Concepts big ideas.
- Partners with the Copywriter to design and art direct concept ideas across all disciplines
- Comes up with creative thinking during brainstorming sessions and project kick-off meetings.
- Responsible for brand’s visual direction, as well as the development of all required assets for any media.
- Has the ability to present a campaign to senior creatives, account services, and executive-level clients with authority and conviction.
- Initiates and completes campaign elements without supervision.
- Owns brand guidelines and style for assigned brand(s).
- Is knowledgeable about products and services specific to assigned accounts.
- Acts as a hands-on art director.
- Maintain a high level of design and creative excellence as well as a high level of consistency across all brand touchpoints.
- Keeps up to date with trends within the branding, marketing, advertising, and client-related industries.
- Has an understanding of how to target certain audiences, and have an audience-first mindset, and the ability to translate consumer research and insights into effective creative strategies and designs.
- Assist in the supervision of the creative department to promote an inspiring atmosphere and desirable workflow to achieve the best work.
- Recommend required resources and technology needed to execute assigned projects to junior staff.
- Showcase a deep sense of responsibility toward client costs and agency expenses.
- Commission photographers, artists, or filmmakers to work on projects.
- Visit and assess locations for potential shoots.
- Work on location.
- Attend meetings at production houses and with other directors.
- Work in editing suites to oversee the finished product.
PACO Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PACO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Human Resources to make arrangements.
The following links contain further information:
For details about EEO law in English click here and Spanish oprime aquí.
The Immigrant and Employee Rights Poster.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
PACO participates in E-Verify program. More information is here.
- Five to Seven (5-7) years of advertising agency experience required.
- Strong design portfolio showcasing a variety of projects. Award-winning projects are a plus.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with teams internally and present to clients.
- Excellent skills in Adobe’s Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Digital savvy.
- Flexibility, proactive working style, and accountability.
- Strong conceptual thinking and design abilities.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Benefits & Perks
Winter & Summer Outings
Holiday Flex Time
Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
Cell Phone Allowance